What are some of the services the PPL offers? Here are a few things that might be of interest:
- We have access to almost every book or item that you want. If we don’t own it, we can access interlibrary loan and have it sent from another library.
- We have DVDs. Not only do we have popular titles, we have independent and foreign films, exercise and documentaries as well as children’s titles.
- We have music CDs, popular as well as classical, opera and musical theater and language instruction.
- We have activities for kids. Call our Children’s Department at ext. 211, check out our website or click on our Facebook link!
- What to read, what to read! Check out our Pinterest and Teen pages for book lists.
- We have adult programs. The Library offers lectures as well as musical events.
- We have books on CD available in the library, as well as Overdrive, a service which allows you to download audiobooks and e-books to your computer, device, or smartphone for free.
- We have many online databases to help you and your children, accessible with a Peninsula Library barcode found on the back of your card. We also have Learning Express, which has licensing examinations as well as SAT practice tests. Click on “Research from Home”.
- We have ESL class on Saturday mornings for those who would like to learn or brush up on their English skills.
- Our Museum Passes allow you and friends or family to go for free! See the list here.
- Last but not least, our new Library App! Renew your books, do research, find the library, even call us from the app! It's downloadable from the App Store or Google Play on your phone or device. Search for "Nassau Library System."
Please call us at (516) 239-3262, browse our webpage and read our Newsletter online to see what’s new and available.