Finding information at PPL is easy! Just follow the steps below:
Navigate to the Library’s homepage: http://www.peninsulapublic.org.
Click on the “Research” button on the navigation bar. A small menu will drop down.
If you are working from home, select the “Database Access at Home” link. (you will need the barcode on your PPL library card to access the various information pages from home).
If you are working from the library, select the “Database Access in the Library ” link.
You will be directed to our research page. Categories include:
- Kids – Encyclopedias and magazine articles geared to the grade school student.
- History – Daily life in historical times, with timelines.
- Education/Tests/Careers – ERIC – the education database, plus testing and career websites.
- Magazines/Newspapers/Current Events – an exhaustive collection of full-text journal and newspaper articles such as the Wall St. Journal and the New York Times.
- Biography– Type in a name, and the Biography Resource Center does the rest.
- Literature – Criticism and biographical info on authors, poems, and short stories.
- Health/Science – Search for science experiments and diagrams, as well as the most updated health-related information from the National Library of Medicine.
Clicking on these categories will take you to the reference sources that are available, along with printing and email capability. Again, if you are doing research from home, you must have your library card handy. Call us at 239-3262 ext. 205 with questions.